Calgary, Alberta– (Marketwired – September 12, 2017) – PRIZE MINING CORPORATION (“Prize” or the “Company”) (TSXV:PRZ) (OTCQB: PRZFF) (MQSP:GR:FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce that due to the success of its Phase I exploration program on the Daylight and Toughnut Properties located near Nelson, BC, an expanded exploration program is now underway. This program will follow-up surface geochemical and geophysical anomalies with detailed sampling programs designed to better define and/or expand key targets prior to initiating diamond drilling.
The expanded surface program is intended to verify soil anomaly targets and high-grade rock sample results located during the July to August phase-I program, as well as evaluate new and previously underexplored mineralized zones within the greater Toughnut, Daylight and Kena claim areas. Refer to maps 1 and 2 for specific follow-up target areas:
“Given our successful surface exploration this summer, I am excited to announce the expansion of the program to test both new high-grade anomalies as well as existing potential mineralized zones” stated Feisal Somji, president and chief executive officer. “These high-grade anomalies represent a great opportunity for us to create shareholder value with the objective of a discovery focused drill program.”
Focal points for the follow-up program include:
- Ground truthing of the 41+ soil anomaly targets and numerous high-grade rock sample results referenced in the August 29, 2017 NR.
- Additional composite rock sample lines through the Great Western and Eastern targets
- Additional soil sample lines along the Silver King Shear in un-sampled areas between the Toughnut and Daylight properties.
- An expanded ground magnetic survey, east of the Daylight grid, over prospective area straddling the daylight and gold mountain zones.
- Baseline evaluation (prospecting) of peripheral Kena targets (Gold cup, Euphrates, Dighem, Bicycle, Prince, areas between the Kena Gold and Kena Copper zones and the south end of Kena Copper Zone/South Gold Zone).
- Baseline evaluation of underexplored showings at the north, west and south limits of the Toughnut claim area including the Birds Eye, Royal Irish and Crow showings.
The results from the expanded Phase I exploration program will be used to further refine upcoming drilling and trenching campaigns, and to establish a priority sequence for continued 2018 exploration targeting.
Jarrod Brown, P.Geo., a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the scientific and technical information in this news release.
About Prize Mining Corp.
Prize is a Calgary-based junior mining issuer with offices in Calgary, Alta., and is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Prize is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of mining properties. Find out more at: www.prizemining.com.